Caring Therapists of Broward & Palm Beach offers Diagnoses of Autism Spectrum Disorder. Our office is conveniently located in Davie & Wellington and we offer assessments to people in all of Florida. We have evening and weekend hours available for those who need an evaluation completed after-hours.
Autism Spectrum Disorder is a brain-based developmental disorder characterized by significant difficulty with social interactions and communication. Often referred to as autism or ASD, it includes symptoms such as poor eye contact, repetitive body movements, and difficulty adapting to social situations and responding to sensory input such as certain tastes or textures.
Asperger’s syndrome is technically no longer a diagnosis on its own. It is now part of a broader category called autism spectrum disorder (ASD). … This means the symptoms are similar, but less severe than other kinds of autism spectrum disorders.
Some common signs of Autism may include:
- Difficulty with changes to daily activities/routine
- Poor eye contact
- Inability to read social cues, “reading between the lines
- Difficulty with sarcasm
- Difficulty understanding the feelings of other people
- Dislike to cuddling or being touched, especially when unprepared
- Difficulty to sudden loud noises. The same can happen with some smells and sudden changes in the intensity of lighting and ambient temperature
- People with autism will often repeat words or phrases they hear – an event called echolalia.
- Bizarre repetitive behaviors. The repetitive behavior could be a simple hop-skip-jump from one end of the room to the other. Another could be drawing the same picture repeatedly, page after page
- It is common for people with autism to have tics. These are usually physical movements that can be jerky. Many people with autism can
- People with autism often have obsessions
Diagnosing autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can be difficult, since there is no medical test, like a blood test, to diagnose the disorders. As a professional, I can diagnose Autism through observing behaviors and development, informal interviews, and screenings/tests.
The goal in therapy is to assist with individualized coping skills, social skills, and independent living skills.
To schedule your Diagnoses of Autism Spectrum Disorder or to gather more information, you can contact us at email@example.com | 954-378-5381
For adults, we specialize in depression, anxiety, trauma, couples counseling, college students, psychological testing, addiction counseling, women’s issues, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.