Jersey Garcia, LMFT
My name is Jersey Garcia, and my preferred pronouns are She/Her/Ella. I am a bilingual (English/Spanish) Licensed Marriage and Family therapist whose deep desire is for people to relate to each other and themselves from a place of awareness of their own and shared humanity while being able to access their full ability to live a life with more confidence and harmony. I am spiritual, non-religious and respectful of all faiths and denominations. I am LGBTQAI+ affirming and a proud POC, who is trauma aware and trained in brief therapeutic approaches.
- Couples in distress looking to improve their connection and communication.
- Couples that want to work through an affair.
- Individuals diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder that desire to learn how to manage their emotional discomfort, cognitive distortions, and/ or avoidance.
- Individuals who need support in managing mild-moderate depressive and anxiety symptoms related to their relationship with self and others.
- Individuals transitioning from or in relationships that want to work on communication and attachment issues.
- Hunter College and Nova Southeastern University
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Gottman Method
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Emotional Freedom Techniques
- Integrative Behavioral Couples Therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioral Conjoint Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (CBCT for PTSD)
- United Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield