Caring Therapists of Broward & Palm Beach offers ADHD Evaluations. Our office is conveniently located in Davie & Wellington and we offer assessments to people in all of Florida. We have evening and weekend hours available for those who need an evaluation completed after-hours.
Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) is a neurological disorder that affects an individual’s ability to focus on tasks. Many people associate ADHD with words like “hyperactive” or “out of control.” However, there are actually three types of ADHD, and one of them does not include symptoms of impulsive and hyperactive behavior.
Types of ADHD
- ADHD, Predominantly Hyperactive-Impulsive Presentation: Symptoms of hyperactivity and feel the need to move constantly. They also struggle with impulse control.
- ADHD, Predominantly Inattentive Presentation: Difficulty paying attention. Easily distracted but no issues with impulsivity or hyperactivity. This is sometimes referred to as attention-deficit disorder (or ADD).
- ADHD, Combined Presentation: This is the most common type of ADHD. Includes all of the symptoms described above.
Signs and Symptoms
Symptoms of ADHD fall into three categories: inattention, impulsivity, and distractibility. For you or your child to be diagnosed with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, the signs must be present for at least six months.
- Forgets things, seems “daydreamy” or confused and appears to not be listening
- Finds it hard to concentrate and jumps quickly from one activity to another
- Gets bored with an activity unless it’s very enjoyable
- Struggles to get organized and finish tasks
- Has difficulty learning new things and following directions
- Is smart but doesn’t understand or “get” things you expect him to or that his peers grasp easily
- Is impatient and has trouble waiting for a turn
- Blurts out inappropriate things and interrupts people
- Overreacts to feelings and emotional situations
- Does not understand the consequences of actions
- Talks almost constantly
- Moves non stop even when sitting down
- Moves from place to place quickly and frequently
- Fidgets and has to pick up everything and play with it
- Has trouble sitting still for meals and other quiet activities
Children do not outgrow ADHD, but their symptoms may change as they become older. For example, some symptoms like hyperactivity might decrease with age, but difficulty with executive functioning skills like organization and time management may become more noticeable as kids enter middle school or high school.
As a professional, we can diagnose the type of ADHD and help you understand the various treatment options and educational strategies that can help you or your child manage ADHD symptoms.
To schedule your ADHD Evaluation or to gather more information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org | 954-378-5381
We service all of Broward County, including Pembroke Pines, Miramar, Hollywood, Cooper City, Davie, Plantation, Southwest Ranches and Weston.
We service all of Palm Beach County, including Wellington, Royal Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Loxahatchee, Boynton Beach and Lake Worth.