Welcome to Caring Therapists of Wellington! My name is Julee Cox and I’m a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and a Qualified Clinical Supervisor. It’s nice to meet you.
I’ve known since I was 12 years old that I wanted to be a therapist. I earned my Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from the University of South Florida and my Master of Science degree in Clinical Psychology from Barry University. Since graduating, I’ve had the incredible opportunity of helping adults, teens, and couples throughout South Florida’s Tri-County area for over 25 years.
I help adults who believe they are not good enough, broken and unlovable, and use food as a way of coping or become involved in relationships that reinforce these beliefs. I provide a safe, non-judgmental place, where you’re able to just be yourself. I don’t believe that there is a “one size fits all” approach to therapy, so your therapy is individualized — it’s as unique as you are. Regardless of your past, sexual orientation, gender identification, race, or religious beliefs, I’m here to help you with your difficulties and struggles. I recognize that trusting someone is hard sometimes, especially someone you just met. So I encourage you to take all the time you need to feel comfortable to talk about your feelings, thoughts, and experiences.
I have extensive experience treating adults and teens, both males and females, who struggle with eating disorders, as well as adults who are involved in emotionally neglectful and damaging relationships, adult children of addicts, adult children of narcissists, adults who want to improve relationships with their spouses/significant others, and who put the needs of others before their own. I also see adults who struggle with perfectionistic tendencies, self-harm behaviors, and codependency issues.
By working together I can help you rediscover your voice, value yourself, and reclaim your power. Never allow anyone’s opinion of you be your blueprint of who you are! I am accepting new clients and in addition to daytime hours, I have evening and Saturday hours available for your convenience. Call me for your free 15 minute consultation and let’s get started!
- Eating Disorders – adults and teens, males and females
- Couples Therapy
- Dual Diagnosis – substance abuse/eating disorder and mental health diagnosis
- Codependency Issues and Behaviors – putting others needs in front of your own
- Emotionally Neglectful Relationships – spouse/significant other/peers/family member
- Emotionally Neglectful or Chaotic Childhoods
- Adult Children of Addicts (ACOA)
- Adult Children of Narcissists and Parents Diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder or Borderline Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Traits
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Self Esteem/Self-Worth Issues
Various Eating Disorder Trainings
Aetna, Cigna, Magellan, Tricare, and Tricare for Life, CorpCare EAP